Friday, May 15, 2009

muru-muru Vendakai(crispy bhendi or ladies finger)


I saw this recipe on Sun TV. I ever since wanted to try it out. Well whats not to love about it - its quick, easy, oil-free and most of all no need to cut the the ladies-finger!!!!
I used frozen okra for this, I am sure the end-result will be ever better by using fresh okra.
Its so easy it does not have a recipe of its own.
I thawed the frozen ladies finger and scored a big vertical slit in each. Mixed some sambar powder and salt. Used a pastry brush or even you can use a spoon or ur fingers to brush the mixture on the okra. Arranged on a plate, sprayed some oil and microwaved for 7 minutes. Depending on the microwave it might vary between 6 to 8 minutes. If you dont have sambar powder you can use mixture of chilli powder, coriander powder and little bit cumin powder.
The result is crispy spicy ladies finger suitable as side-dish or starters:)

No comments:

Post a Comment