This rice has a pleasant aroma. Can be packed for lunch.
Raw rice - 1cup Lemon - 1 large Green chillies - 2 Curry leaves - a few Bengal Gram dal - 1 tea spoon Mustard - 1 tea spoon Urad dal - 1 tea spoon Turmeric powder - 1/2 tea spoon Red Chilli - 1 (optional) Sunflower oil - a table spoon Asafoetida - [...]
- Pressure cook rice with 2 cups of water. Each grain should be separate.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, when it splutters add the bengal gram dal, urad dal, red chillies and add cashews after a while. Fry till golden.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves, fry for a moment and put off the flame.
- Squeeze lemon and take its juice.
- *Take rice in a shallow bowl, add 1 teaspoon ghee, salt, asafoetida, turmeric powder and pour the lemon juice. Add the seasoning from the kadai.
- Mix lightly when rice is slightly cool with a **thuduppu.
Ginger cut it into fine pieces can be added with the seasoning. Will help in digestion.
*Adding ghee helps in separating the rice grains.
**A flat laddle used to turn dosas.